Teen Ushers & Ambassadors
The Teen Usher & Ambassador program is a competitive program in its 11th season. Being a Teen Usher or Ambassador (for teens entering 9th-12th grade) immerses you in the performing arts experience. Not only will you be giving back to your community through volunteering, but you will have access to top-notch performances, and you will be a part of a community where all are welcome and accepted.
As a new or returning Teen Usher, you will volunteer at each show on the Premier Health Broadway In Dayton Season. Additional volunteer opportunities throughout the season may be offered but will not be required. Teen Ushers work closely with our seasoned ushers to learn what is necessary to achieve outstanding customer service. You will direct guests to their seats, hand out programs, and take tickets.
Teen Ambassadors are considered mentors of the Teen Usher program and will be viewed as leaders among their peers. Teen Ambassadors must have completed one full season as a Teen Usher to be considered. Teen Ambassadors will have additional weeknight and weekend opportunities at performances beyond the Premier Health Broadway in Dayton Season to be determined at a later date.
Ushering Schedule & Required Dates
For Broadway Series shows, teens will be allowed to schedule their volunteer shifts for any performance during the run of a show. Volunteer opportunities are available from October 2023-June 2024.
- Teen Usher & Ambassador Applications Open: August 9, 2023
- Teen Usher & Ambassador Individual Interviews: September 2023
- Teen Usher & Ambassador Orientation: October 2, 2023
- TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: THE MUSICAL October 17-22, 2023
- Dr. Seuss’ HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS! THE MUSICAL November 14–19, 2023
- HADESTOWN March 12–17, 2024
- TINA – THE TINA TURNER MUSICAL April 9–14, 2024
- Disney’s THE LION KING May 1–12, 2024
- MAMMA MIA! June 11–16, 2024
How to Apply
Applications are now closed.
2023-2024 Teen Usher & Ambassador Application Timeline
- August 9, 2022: Applications Open
- September 10, 2023: Applications Close
- September 19, September 27, September 28, September 30, 2023: Individual Interviews
- October 2 & 12, 2023: Orientation
Due to the size of the applicant pool and the limited number of slots available, it is possible that not all applicants will receive an interview. Not all interviewees will be accepted into the program.
Support Performing Arts Education
Join a growing community of arts enthusiasts who support Dayton Live’s incredible arts education programs. As an arts donor you will enjoy benefits like: being invited to private events, gaining exclusive 24-hour access to tickets prior to general release and having a profound impact on the future of the arts in our community!