Health & Safety
We take your health and safety seriously!
Masks are not required for audiences attending performances in its venues – the Victoria Theatre, Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center, The Loft Theatre, and the PNC Arts Annex.
Patrons are welcome to wear masks at any performance in Dayton Live’s venues.
Some events may require additional health and safety protocols. If an event does have additional protocols, they will be detailed on that event’s page on this website.
To increase the health and safety at the Schuster Center, Victoria Theatre, The Loft Theatre, and PNC Arts Annex, Dayton Live has:
- Installed MERV13 or greater air filters in all air handling units.
- Increased the flow of outside air into all our venues. The Mead Theatre is 100% outside air – no recycled air!
- Installed portable HEPA filtration systems (each over 400 CFM and covering 1,500 square feet) for all dressing rooms and other congregating areas backstage.
- Installed touchless faucets, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers in all restrooms.
- Increased hand sanitizing stations throughout all venues.
Coat check may not be available at all performances.
To assure the comfort of our patrons, Schuster Center, Victoria Theatre, PNC Arts Annex, and The Loft Theatre security services are provided by off-duty Dayton police officers and private security personnel during EVERY performance, both inside and outside the venues. Our venues, including The Arts Garage, are also actively monitored by security cameras.
For your own security in any location, remember to lock your car doors and remove all valuables from your car when parking.
For the safety of everyone at Dayton Live, all persons entering the Schuster Center or Victoria Theatre will walk through the Evolv Express screening system. Patrons do not need to empty pockets or remove jackets, but bags may be subject to a secondary search if necessary.
- Weapons of any kind including firearms, knives, tasers, etc.;
- Illegal drugs or paraphernalia;
- Backpacks or any large bag measuring 16”x16”x8”;
- Fireworks or incendiary devices of any kind;
- Harmful chemicals such as mace, pepper spray, etc.;
- Outside food and beverages;
- Posters or large signs;
- Professional cameras;
- Selfie sticks;
- Animals that do no provide a service or task as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
In case of an emergency in the theatre, our ushers and House Managers are trained to help you quickly exit the facility.
In the event you should need to be contacted or contact someone attending a performance, you may call 937-225-3503 and speak with security. They will transfer the information to the House Manager, who will deliver the message as soon as possible.