THIS CAMP IS SOLD OUT! Please click the “Register Now” button to be added to the waitlist.
In this half-day COMEDY CAMP, campers will explore the many worlds of comedy! With social distancing in mind, campers will learn techniques in physical comedy, the “dramatic death,” clowning, stand-up comedy, cartoon world rules, and much more.
Taught by Gary Minyard.
Camp Capacity: 9
What To Expect
Families can expect a safe, open, and fun environment to experience half-day camps. Dayton Live Staff have committed to following Governor DeWine’s mandatory practices for Youth Day Camps, and we are excited to have the opportunity to offer summer programming! Here are some of the key ways we are committed to limiting exposure:
- Camp is limited to 9 participants, plus a teaching artist.
- Dedicated entry/exit for camp.
- Dedicated pathways in the building.
- Socially distanced classroom marked with tape.
- Mask wearing is encouraged (not required).
- Daily temperature readings prior to check-in.
- No outside food/drink except a personal water bottle.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Classroom sanitized before and after programming.
- Activities will not require any personal/physical contact.
- All required materials for camp will be provided, sanitized, and personalized.
- Any camper who is exhibits signs of sickness or has a temperature will be sent home.
- There will be no Lost and Found at camp.
- Campers will be dropped off and enter camp through the marked main entrance of the PNC Arts Annex. Only Dayton Live staff and Campers will be allowed in the building. If a parent has signed up for “Parent Day Camp,” they will also enter through the main entrance.
- Parents, if you have any questions at drop off, a Dayton Live staff member will be available to meet with you outside the building at the Second Street doors.
- Campers will exit the marked PNC Arts Annex through the Second Street doors (not the main entrance).
- Campers will only be allowed to leave the building after showing Dayton Live staff a text message or other indication that their guardian is there to pick them up.
- Social distancing will be practiced at all times.
DAYTON LIVE STAFF
- Have been educated on COVID-19 safety procedures.
- Will take temperature before coming to teach and will self-monitor.
- Will maintain social distancing requirements.
- Masks are recommended but not required.
- Will not come to camp with any signs of illness.
- Will come to camp with minimal bags and dressed ready to participate.
THE PNC ARTS ANNEX FACILITY
- Will be taped out for each Camper to more easily stay socially distanced throughout the camp day.
- Will be sanitized between camps.
- Deep cleaning will take place after hours.
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted to wait in the lobby of the PNC Art Annex unless participating in “Parent Day Camp.”
- No lost and found will be kept.
- Signage will be placed in camp areas to help Campers and staff remain socially distanced, encourage hand-washing, and keeping each other safe.
Rising 6th-8th Graders
THIS CAMP MEETS MONDAY, JULY 20-FRIDAY, JULY 24, 2020 FROM 1 P.M.-4 P.M. AT THE PNC ARTS ANNEX.
The registration link will take you to our camp registration and payment.
Plus service fees. Prices subject to change.
Extend Your Experience
Parent Day Camp
We invite parents to stay for an experiential “day camp” of your own! While your camper is having fun in the PNC Arts Annex Studio, our staff will lead you through camp related activities in the PNC Arts Annex Theatre! We’ll also have coffee and conversation during our time together, and we look forward to creating an experience for the whole family to share.
Parent Day Camp Capacity: 9